We are very excited to kick-off Bees, Trees, & Seas at Canyon View Elementary!
Bees, Trees, & Seas is a new after school program designed to improve climate literacy within our school. The program was inspired by two first grade students at Canyon View Elementary. At the age of 6, these young students recognized what most adults fail to see. The immediate need to understand our impact on the environment, educate ourselves and others, and do everything within our power to enrich the environment and protect it for the future.
Bees, Trees, & Seas Mission:
- Provide our students with the knowledge and tools necessary to make informed decisions.
- Broaden the understanding of human-induced climate change and provide real solutions.
- Educate about recycling and waste reduction.
- Identify best practices to reduce carbon emissions and improve biodiversity.
- Encourage further learning and creative problem solving.
What to Expect:
- Bees, Trees, & Seas Newsletter will be emailed to parents and staff the first week of every month. Newsletters will focus on one key topic and are meant to inform, educate, provide solutions, and encourage further brainstorming. We hope parents will read over each newsletter with their child, allow open discussion, support/ encourage their child’s involvement, and welcome change.
- Meetings will be held 1-2 times per month. Students, Parents, and Teachers welcome! Meetings will include:
- Open discussion pertaining to that month’s topic.
- Monthly activity.
- Planning/ preparation for future activities.
Our first meeting will be held on Wednesday, Oct 9 in Science Room 2. We hope to see you there!
Please note: All activity and involvement with Bees, Trees, & Seas is optional.
The 2019-2020 Events Calendar is here
For more information, click here
October Newsletter is available here