Submissions can be submitted at the Front Office from Monday, September 30th to Friday, October 4th. Final Submission deadline is on Monday, October 7th from 2pm-3pm at the MPR. Winners will be announced at the Fall Carnival!
“Look Within” is the theme for the 2019-2020 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education. Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
We invite you to view the students works of art and to be inspired to help make our world a better place for children and families. Reflections CV 2018
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
All students TK-6th grade are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs, where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. School PTAs then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
NOTE: Students can enter multiple areas of competition with each completed entry form submitted.
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to convention.
State-level winners were recently recognized at the May 2020 California State PTA Annual Convention. National-level Award of Excellence honorees are recognized at the National PTA Convention, plus their artworks are featured in Reflections’ popular traveling national exhibit.
You can apply by completing the Application here
- Monday, November 25
- Wednesday, November 27
- Thursday, November 28
- Friday, November 29
- Friday, December 6
- Saturday, December 7
- Sunday, December 8
- Monday, December 9